Saturday, June 11, 2011

Recent Reads

Recently I've been reading a whole lot. I've finished three books in the last few days.

First up, Writing Magic: Creating Stories That Fly by Gail Carson Levine. This one had a lot of great advice on writing, which is what I want to do when I grow up. Gail Carson Levine is one of my favorite authors, and this is the best book I've found on writing.


Next is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This is another really great one, which I have now read twice. It has a really good plot, even if it does bother my mom (Science Fiction isn't her thing). the two books that come after aren't quite as good, and the last book drives me nuts because one of my favorite characters gets killed off, but they're good too.


Last but certainly not least is Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin. This one is a memoir, and its really, really good. The first half/ two thirds takes place in China during the Cultural Revolution. Then it mostly takes place in the U. S. Really, really good book.


That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment