Sunday, May 22, 2011

Books

These are the latest two books I've read. They are both some of my favorites.

First up is The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester. The main character is Piper McCloud who has, at random moments, floated around since birth. One day she decides to teach herself to fly instead of just float by jumping off the roof of her house. Many complications in the plot result from this, and she ends up going to I.N.S.A.N.E. which stands for Institute of Normalcy, Stability, And NonExceptionality. I.N.S.A.N.E. is a secret school for children with unusual gifts like Piper's. Piper's new friends can do things like make their own weather and shrink to the size of a leaf. This is one of my favorite books of all time, and I read it at least once a year.


The other book is our Mother/daughter book club book, Fairest by Gail Carson Levine. This is one of my FAVORITE books! It is about Aza, who thinks she is ugly but is an extraordinary singer. She gets a chance to go to the king's wedding, but after the wedding the king is injured and the new queen blackmails Aza. LOVE this book!

And thats all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment