Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Monster Concert

I play violin in my school's 6th grade orchestra. In our orchestra we have three basses, three cellos, three violas, and about fifteen violins. Go figure. I have no idea why all the sections have three except for violin. Today we had our Monster Concert. For the Monster Concert, all of the 6th grade orchestras in northern Davis County get together (which amounts to about 400 kids+their instruments) and play several songs at a local high school. We all got together about 2 1/2 hours early, so none of us got dinner. It was so much fun! I was one of the many violins, which outnumbered all the other instruments put together. I got to sit with a group of girls from my orchestra, which is a pretty impressive feat when your talking about that many kids. The only girl bass player in my school turned out to also be the only 6th grade girl bass player in northern Davis county. We all had a ton of fun and learned a lot about playing together in a big orchestra.!










No comments:

Post a Comment